I started playing cricket at junior school, when I attended the Ilford Cricket School under Bill Morris. Now, more than 40 years later, I still play when I can, but I spend a lot more time coaching than playing.
My first experience of coaching others was at University, where I was “volunteered” to help the newly formed Ladies’ section, but it was not until 2009 that I started out on the formal coaching pathway, and began to coach as a volunteer with the Colts’ section at the Oakfield Parkonians CC.
In 2013 I took the opportunity to move into full-time coaching. I now work regularly at the MCC Cricket Academy, at Lord’s, specialising in group coaching with younger players from three years of age upwards, and for the Essex Indoor Cricket Centre, Chelmsford.
I have coached the men’s Cricket Club at Queen Mary University, and I also work with Regent’s Park CC.
Andrew Beaven, Better Cricket
- ECB “Coach” Award – UKCC 2
- ECB Coaching in Primary Schools
- ECB Disabiliy Inclusion
- Post-level 2 Workshops
- ECB Coaching Children: Creating the Learning Climate for Children
- ECB Coaching Children: Skill Development for Children
- ECB Coaching Children: Game Based Learning for Children
- ECB Coaching YPA: Performance & Video Analysis
- ECB Coaching YPA: Training Interventions & Methods
ECB Coaches Association member
More info – my CV